What is Compounding?
Compounding is the art of creating custom medications using the finest chemicals and ingredients to each patients specific needs. Years ago all medicine was prepared using these methods. But with the advent of commercially available products this art had all but died off.
Compounding has made an exciting comeback! Which give more prescribing and therapy options to your family physician, specialist and even your pet’s veterinarian… Which means piece of mind for you. When customized therapy is required, dose and dosage forms are unavailable or medications are unpalatable, compounding may be the answer. From creams to capsules, suspensions to suppositories, Dan’s Pharmacy is here to help…
When would I need a compound?
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)
- Pediatric dosages
- Known allergies to an ingredient
- Preservative free options
- Medication Tastes bad/Flavorings
- Current med is inconvenient to use/too often
- Drug unavailable from manufacturer
- Seeking alternative methodsWhat forms are available?
- Creams, Gels & Ointments
- Solutions & Suspensions
- And Much More!!!